What bills are of interest? What do they cover?
This is a curated list of programs and legislation that are either new or successful. Do you have knowledge of a bill or program that is actively successful right now? Why not tell us about it in this form? Perhaps we can add it to our list below!
Federal Compost Act of 2021
- The Bill – pdf from Rep. Julia Brownley’s office. (H.R. 4443)
- The Bill – COMPOST Act
- An article about the bill by Sophia Jones and Brenda Platt from ILSR.
- Support the bill by contacting your legislators.
- Our news post about the same.
Federal Zero Food Waste Act of 2021
- The Bill – from Rep Julia Brownley’s office (H.R. 4444)
- An article about the bill at Waste360
- Support the Bill
- Our news post about the same
Starting in 2022, all jurisdictions will to need to provide organic waste collection services to all residents and businesses and recycle these organic materials using recycling facilities such as.
- Reduce organic waste disposal 50% by 2020 and 75% by 2025.
- Rescue for people to eat at least 20% of currently disposed surplus food by 2025.